Thin Poha / Flattened Rice Flakes : 4 Cups
Murmura / Puffed Rice : 2 Cups
Peanuts : 1/2 Cup
Daliya / Split chick peas : 1/2 Cup Roasted
Kaju / Cashewnut : 1 Tbsp
Kismis / Raisin : 1 Tbsp
Green Chillies : 6-8
Curry Leaves : 20-25
Khus Khus / Poppy Seeds : 1 Tbsp
White Til / Sesame Seeds : 4 Tsp
Haldi / Turmeric Powder : 1 1/2 Tsp
Sugar Powder : 2 Tsp
Rai / Mustard Seeds : 1 Tsp
Jeera / Fennel Seeds : 1 Tsp
Edible Oil : 4 Tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Roast the thin poha at medium flame till it turns very crispy. Seperately roast murmura likewise and then keep them aside.
2. In deep frying pan heat oil. Add mustard seeds and once they crackle add jeera and chopped curry leaves. Fry it for 30 seconds.
3. Now add peanuts and fry for a few minutes till peanuts turn golden.
4. Now add roasted daliya and fry for 10-15 seconds. Later add the Cashewnuts and Raisins and fry for another 5-10 seconds.
5. At this point of time add til and Khus khus and fry for 5 seconds.
6. Add green Chillies and fry till they turn slightly crispy.
7. Add Haldi.
8. Add poha and murmura in the same pan and mix well. Roast for 5-10 minutes which will make them more crunchy.
9. Add powdered sugar and salt to taste.
10. Store in air-tight container after cooling.
Let me know about your views / suggestions and how it turned out... enjoy!!